Super Joes

Sloppy Joes


I don't like sloppy joes. I haven't since childhood, so when I read about these sloppy joes on another blog, I decided to give it a try. 

It was worth it. I have been converted.

I saw the recipe over on the Life as a Lofthouse blog, but it comes from a book called The Food Nanny by Liz Edmunds. 

Sloppy Joes
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/4 cup chopped Onion
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
2 teaspoons Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
6 Hamburger Buns

Melt the 1 Tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Add the ground beef and onion and cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain grease.
Add the ketchup, water, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir well and let simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
Butter the hamburger buns, if desired, and toast them under the broiler. Watch closely so they dont burn. Spoon meat mixture onto the bottom halves and cover with tops. Serve immediately. Serves 6.




Comments

Popular Posts